We had the best time sitting down with the other candidate running against incumbent Mara Elliott for San Diego City Attorney. Cory Briggs, aka the Taxpayer’s Advocate has spent nearly two decades fighting special interests at City Hall.
In this episode we talk about how Cory went from aspiring rockstar to attorney to ultimately launching his political campaign for San Diego City Attorney. With a background in accounting and philosophy and having the ultimate goal of pursuing a life of academia, Cory was actually encouraged by professors and mentors to pursue law and he has had quite the impressive career thus far.
In 2002 he founded the Briggs Law Corporation and has a very successful track record in helping to advocate for the interests of the San Diego taxpayers. His ultimate reason for running for San Diego City Attorney is to move the city attorney’s office away from a culture of secrecy to a culture of transparency, effectively seeking to remove politics from government.
We talk about
- Why the taxpayers in San Diego should have a voice and be able to vote on issues that concern them, like Qualcomm stadium.
- How the current city attorney’s office is pursuing an agenda contrary to the will of the voters.
- Short term vacation rentals like Air BnB and what Cory Briggs will do if elected.
- The issue of homelessness in San Diego and how we can work combat the different reasons for homelessness.
- How Briggs will work to protect children and the ways in which Mara Elliot has failed to do so.
If you’re a San Diego voter you need to listen before sending off your ballot or going to the polls.
You can contact Cory Briggs and learn more about his campaign on his website. https://corybriggs.com/
Yesterday we released our other interview with San Diego City Attorney candidate Pete Mesich which you can listen to here. https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-ywg9z-d42e3e